1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender nylon tapewounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 12notes, Jul 21, 2003.

1. 12notes

12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    Hi,

I did a search, but cannot find anything on the Fender nylon tapewounds strings.

Any have hands on experiences with this strings, especially with P-style fretless?

Been using D'Addario flat and groundwound for ages on my other basses. So. Want to try something different.

Slapping is unimportant at all. I don't slap.
    I use my keyboards for that. But an expressive sound is the major thing here.

Thanks.

2. I just put a set of Fender nylons on my jazz bass (fretted. I love Thomastik jazz flats and rounds, but didn't want to go to the trouble to find the long gauge jazz rounds and pay the cost this time around, so I got this Fender set.

I am quite impressed with the Fender nylon. Very tight tension, a sound that is not bright (which I like). They seem to bring out the mid range which is what I like. PLUS, I have never heard the harmonics so clearly before. For a inexpensive string, I am really impressed. I will reserve judgement on how long they last.

I used to use Boomers when I didn't have the money or want to pay the TI prices. Now I have found another string I like.

3. 12notes

12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    Actually. I got myself a set of Fender Nylon shortly after I post. I absolutely love it.

Punchy without the brightness. You're correct. They are tight, and the harmonics are just clean, clean and beautiful.

Great strings for little money.