Fender On-Line

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steff, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Steff

Feb 22, 2001
    Hi guys,
    I have a few questions for you.
    1) Which Fender bass do you recommend?
    I play various stlyes from@pop music to hard-core
    (I don't care the price)
    2)Do you know a trustworthy On-line store where i can buy it?

2. 1) why fender?
    2) bass northwest (bassnw.com), musician's friend
  3. since your asking which bass to get, i better move this to Basses.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    In my opinion, the best Fender you can get is a G&L L-2500 5 string. Just my opinion. :)
  5. elan_virpul

Feb 12, 2001
    and i love it. i love my p-bass, but they're probably better basses out there for the money.

6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Best new Fender I have played is the Roscoe Beck signature 5. But I wouldn't recommend buying any Fender bass on-line. Try before you buy - the quality varies. Even on the RB5 I found that different basses have different neck profiles which made a huge difference to the playability. You really need to try a few and see what type of neck feels best under your hands and what feels good to you overall about the different models.
  8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I really feel that the best bargain out there in the way of a new Fender is the Geddy Lee Signature bass which Bass Northwest sells brand new for about $600.
  9. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i second that nomination
  10. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  11. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Another vote for the Roscoe Beck 5 - the most versatile bass Fender makes. It plays beautifully and has more tonal variations than you'll ever use and does it without active electronics.
    Like all Fender stuff though play before you buy.There are production variances that slightly change the feel/action etc. from bass to bass of the same model.
    Personally though I would never buy a Bass I had never played - Fender or otherwise.
  12. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You don't care about the price? Well...that changes everything!

I recently tried a '62 Jazz Reissue (2000 series Fender) and this baby smoked!! :D:D

Another option for you is a "Fender on steroids"...some of you may also know this as a Sadowsky. Those that have played and owned them swear by them!
  13. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i would recomend the Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe, or the Deluxe Active Jazz (if your on a budget)
  14. Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    The best Fender out there is the one YOU prefer.
    How can anyone pick a bass for you?
    You have to play it,you have to buy itand you have to listen to it.
    My taste 62ri usa jazz
  15. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    I have a VERY nice Fender RB-5 for sale if your interested.See my ad on the classifieds page.Good luck!
  16. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    If you wan't to buy a new one, as in not used, then I'd recommend an american vintage series '75 reissue. Then slap there some active pickups like EMG or whatever you like and maybe a a preamp, like a sadowsky or bartolini. And also a badass bridge. That is what I would do if i had loads of money.
  17. Steff

Feb 22, 2001
    Thanks to all of you. I understand that is not a good idea to buy a Bass on-line, it's better to try it and feel it. I've had many suggestions for Fender GL, so i guess that's the one i should consider at this point.
    Keep on groovin'