1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Original '62 P-bass pickup $60 shipped and Tort p-bass pickguard Shipped $15

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Metropolis_488, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488 Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Fender Original 62 P-bass pickup – Discontinued pickups. My p-bass is now loaded with Darkstars, so I don’t need this anymore. A few years ago I tried several different P-bass pickups for THAT TONE in my P. I picked these up on a whim and they ended up being the best of the lot…liked them better than the Fralin and Aero P pickups that were almost twice the price. Pickups are wired to brass cavity shielding plate (that’s how they came). $60 shipped.

Tort P-bass pickguard – it has an extra hole drilled for a mini switch (included) and the bass side of the neck pocket cutout has been trimmed. $15 shipped.

View attachment 66756

View attachment 66757

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    What kind of bass was the pickguard on? MIA, MIJ, MIM?

3. Metropolis_488

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    MIJ, however the holes didn't line up exactly...it's easy to fix that though...

4. Metropolis_488

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Tort guard appears to be sold.
    Bump for the pickup.

5. Metropolis_488

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    $55 for the pickup

Thread Status: