Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender owns Jackson, too?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Dec 18, 2002.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Popped onto the Fender site for a while and saw that they now own Jackson guitars. When did this happen? Why didn't anybody forward that to the rock I've apparantly been under? Did this just happen or what?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey, you got the old avatar back! I knew good taste would prevail! :p

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What're you trying to say? My frog is the paramount good taste, land rodent.

4. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    the frog is the best! it's from chrono trigger, right? (or cross, i get those games mixed up)

5. From a consumers point of view(me), Jackson couldn't really afford to keep itself open by itself. Back when it started with Charvel. I don't think they made enough profit and made a big loss with there shipment of quality parts. Fender itself never made a good guitar to the Jackson Consumer's market and just bought out Jackson like Gibson did to tobias. In a couple of years Jackson's will be Fenders and make cheaper mexican copies as their deluxe models. but this is just IMO

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's very true. Try as they might, Fender never captured a big piece of the "modern" guitar market.

And yeah, the frog is from CronoTrigger. I'm a nerd. :D

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  8. reachjkh

reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Now that's irony. Fender sues Charvel/Jackson to get them to stop using the fender style headstock that everyone wants back in the day. Now Fender buys them. Pointy headstocks aren't the most popular nowdays, so they'll probably start selling "reissue" Charvels too that look like the early ones collectors fight over.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

BTW- Check the FIGHT FIGHT thread. ;)