1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender P bass deluxe issue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zero8877, Jan 7, 2012.

1. zero8877

zero8877

Jan 7, 2012
    I recently bought a fender p bass deluxe from the local guitar center back in September. The bass played great except for a little fret buzz. I had the bass setup and afterwords it played great. About 2 months later the fret buzz was back and everything past the 12th fret on G and D is completely unplayable and makes no sound at all. I brought it back in to a local guitar shop to figure out what was up and turns out the neck on the bass is completely warped. Clearly this is a manufacture error and I don't know what to do. Apparently no setup can fix this and the bass clearly dosnt play like a fender should. Does anyone know what I can do?

2. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Take it back to GC first and see if they'll sort it out. If not you'll need to contact Fender and try to get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

3. zero8877

zero8877

Jan 7, 2012
    I did bring it into GC and they can't do anything about it. So I guess contacting fender is my only hope?

4. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Yup. They'll likely tell you to take it to an authorized repair shop.

5. zero8877

zero8877

Jan 7, 2012
    Alright I will do that. Thanks for the help!

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    if the repair center gives you any hassle make sure to be persistent if youre sure the neck is actually warped. one of my students had a mim5 that had a huge ski jump from the 12th fret and up that made the bass unplayable past the 12th unless it had ski high action. i told the kids dad about it since they bought it new. they took it back to the shop that they bought it from which also happened to be our areas authorized repair center. they insisted there was nothing wrong with it and their answer was jacking the action way high.

7. major10th

major10th

Aug 8, 2010
    I have a 2010 American Standard Precision that recently, but within days of one year, had a problem with a weird rattle/buzz. I brought it to the repair shop where I also take lessons and they diagnosed it as an unrepairable problem with the truss rod at the headstock end. They called Fender and got authorization for a new neck. It's currently being setup and I should have it later this week.

8. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX