1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender P-Bass Elite?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon In VA, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    My uncle has a fender p elite that he's had for awhile. Bought it at some fender blow out up in NY. I was just wondering if any of you had more information about it. Price, availability, quality, ect. He can't find anything about it, so I figured...Hey, who'd know more then people here, eh? I'm attaching a picture of it just to give you the gist of it if you don't know what it's like already. Two P pickups, neck volume/pickup select (3 way switch) /bridge volume/ "Phase select" 3 way switch/overall tone active controls. All gold hardware, made in USA.
    Thanks for any info,
    Jon (who's recording bass on our bands first single this weekend :D )

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    They are very nice basses, essentially made by the Fender Custom Shop, back in 1983. I have one myself. They show up on eBay periodically and are available on the used market, seem to range from $675-900 (from memory), sometimes a good deal less if beat.

Take a look at the selection on gbase.com: http://www.gbase.com/results.asp?Ma...type=110&search_by=Any&year=19&I1.x=30&I1.y=5

though those are all dealer prices.

A single pickup Elite I was also made at the same time.

There is also a detailed review on the bass gear review page at www.bgra.net with other info.

Mine's a very precision Precision bass, well made and sounds great.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I own both the Elite I and the Elite II. Well made basses with heavy-duty hardware, bridge has individual fine tuners. Active circuit. The Elite I is my main gigging axe, really cuts through the mix well. There is also a "Gold" version (gold hardware)and a "Walnut" version (walnut body and neck). I have seen a fretless version on ebay.