Fender P-Bass Elite?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon In VA, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    My uncle has a fender p elite that he's had for awhile. Bought it at some fender blow out up in NY. I was just wondering if any of you had more information about it. Price, availability, quality, ect. He can't find anything about it, so I figured...Hey, who'd know more then people here, eh? I'm attaching a picture of it just to give you the gist of it if you don't know what it's like already. Two P pickups, neck volume/pickup select (3 way switch) /bridge volume/ "Phase select" 3 way switch/overall tone active controls. All gold hardware, made in USA.
    Thanks for any info,
    Jon (who's recording bass on our bands first single this weekend :D )
  2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    They are very nice basses, essentially made by the Fender Custom Shop, back in 1983. I have one myself. They show up on eBay periodically and are available on the used market, seem to range from $675-900 (from memory), sometimes a good deal less if beat.

Take a look at the selection on gbase.com: http://www.gbase.com/results.asp?Ma...type=110&search_by=Any&year=19&I1.x=30&I1.y=5

though those are all dealer prices.

A single pickup Elite I was also made at the same time.

There is also a detailed review on the bass gear review page at www.bgra.net with other info.

Mine's a very precision Precision bass, well made and sounds great.
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I own both the Elite I and the Elite II. Well made basses with heavy-duty hardware, bridge has individual fine tuners. Active circuit. The Elite I is my main gigging axe, really cuts through the mix well. There is also a "Gold" version (gold hardware)and a "Walnut" version (walnut body and neck). I have seen a fretless version on ebay.