Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender p-bass lyte deluxe vs. fender jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AaronWarren, Feb 10, 2001.

1. AaronWarren

AaronWarren

Sep 7, 2000
    Sunny SoCal
    i really need you guys' help on this one. i am contemplating on which bass to get. the lyte is nice but i havent seen anyone with one and im still not sure how it will be in the long run. i am also thinking of getting a '62 jazz bass reissue. i havent found one to play but know that these are good basses. or possibly another model jazz bass. anyone have any ideas. i have a bass instructional video with larry antonino-black jazz bass with white pickups and maple fingerboard w/ block inlays i dont know what about this bass or his setup but the sound is just incredible. i just cant ever seem to get that really cool slap sound when i play. then again i have a samick!

2. I recently bought a new Jazz Bass and it plays wonderfully well, the range of tone is incredible. I tried many Basses inluding lots of top end ones but found the Jazz a better buy. I'd go for a new American Bass

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    If you like the maple board black inlay look you should check out Fenders Geddy Lee signature model. In addition to great looks it has a killer neck, very comfortable to play and sounds great. Around $600 at Bass Northwest.