1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender P bass, natural ash

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shnapper, Sep 12, 2005.

1. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Hey all I just dumped that rockbass fretless back to G.C. after a week. It just started to get out of hand with the tuning and neck. I could not keep the thing after really sitting down and playing it for a week.

Well anyhoo, I reviewed the rockbass in another post and felt pretty good about it at first. I have had a change of heart and basically stepped away from the fretless and grabbed a p bass in exchange.

This particular p bass I picked up is limited to 250 units, it's ash and natural like my miller. I called fender and ask them about it, I guess they did a limited run for G.C. in ash with a natural finish.

It's nice having a passive bass, it's so quiet and very mellow sounding. I will not review it until I have had it a month, I know I like having it along with my MM bass. They both have such a specific sound that I think these two basses will cover just about anything I want to play.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice score, I had one in my hands @ GC last year... MIM natural Ash with rosewood board. I wish I was able to bring it home, it felt and played like a late 60s early 70s P

3. Congrats!
    Seems to be a great bass....

Vince

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Congrats- I've luv my '71 natural/maple P. Its just so simple, 1 p/u, 2 nobs. It lets you focus on PLAYING.