Fender P bass, natural ash

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shnapper, Sep 12, 2005.

1. shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Hey all I just dumped that rockbass fretless back to G.C. after a week. It just started to get out of hand with the tuning and neck. I could not keep the thing after really sitting down and playing it for a week.

Well anyhoo, I reviewed the rockbass in another post and felt pretty good about it at first. I have had a change of heart and basically stepped away from the fretless and grabbed a p bass in exchange.

This particular p bass I picked up is limited to 250 units, it's ash and natural like my miller. I called fender and ask them about it, I guess they did a limited run for G.C. in ash with a natural finish.

It's nice having a passive bass, it's so quiet and very mellow sounding. I will not review it until I have had it a month, I know I like having it along with my MM bass. They both have such a specific sound that I think these two basses will cover just about anything I want to play.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice score, I had one in my hands @ GC last year... MIM natural Ash with rosewood board. I wish I was able to bring it home, it felt and played like a late 60s early 70s P
  3. Congrats!
    Seems to be a great bass....

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Congrats- I've luv my '71 natural/maple P. Its just so simple, 1 p/u, 2 nobs. It lets you focus on PLAYING.