Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender P-Bass neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hugo5, May 12, 2005.

1. hugo5

hugo5

May 1, 2005
    20 years ago I replaced my 72 P-Bass neck with a Schecter-neck because I messed up the original neck trying to swim on the fretless wave...?!?! :crying:
    Anyway, it is still a good bass with the Schecter neck, but I like to go back original. Where do I find original Fender necks with the logo an everything?

2. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    eBay.. be prepared for the prices, though.. a 1972 neck is going to cost alot..

is your neck salvageable?? it would be cheaper to have a new fretboard installed on the original neck, than to buy another used Fender neck..

other than that, you'd have to find a newer replacement, and get a logo for it.. warmoth, WD and AllParts have replacement necks, but all are branded "LIC. By FENDER" on the heel..

also, you'd have to find period correct tuners.. and that's gonna cost also.. unless you already have them..

3. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Ebay.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It'll never be original without the original neck. If you can put a new fretboard on it, I think that would be the best for value to have serial numbers matching.