1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender p bass s-1 switch and pickup...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nalapit13, Jul 27, 2008.

1. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    i am ready to swap out my s-1 switch and pickup in my 07 american standard p bass with an aero pickup.

i am going to have the aero wired with just a volume and tone and without the s-1 switch. so i am looking to get rid of the pickups and s-1 switch all connected and ready to install in someone else's bass.

so what i am wondering is how much is it worth? the pickup, the two knob setup and input jack? any help with this would be appreciated. thanks

2. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    :ninja: anyone??

3. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    anyone know what this might be worth??

4. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    why are YOU taking out the S1 switch? doesnt it makes more versatile the bass? or not a big difference? i have never tried a bass with the S1 so cant really say if it worths the work
    but i know that having no tone control or no volume control adds bright to the sound

5. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    i am having my new pickup come wired already with volume and tone.

and yes the switch does alot. its just not for me. so i want to sell the whole enchilada so all someone has to do is slap it in there bass.

6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I tried the S1 switch equipped Fenders. They do something but only made the sound worse in my opinion. I'd remove it and go back to standard if I bought one.

As far as how much can you get for it goes--you're essentially selling a used Fender pickup with a pre-wired harness, so I think you might get about 50% of what a new pickup would go for, unless you find a good mark. Pickups don't wear out very fast of course, but you know how people are about buying used. Just look at some of the low prices you can buy a used boutique bass for.

7. I know this thread is extremely old, but I'm looking for that exact thing. Is it still available? And how much would you like for it?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021