1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bcarll, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bcarll

bcarll

Oct 16, 2001
    Hello to all,

Well Ijust inherited a a Fender P Bass and I need some one to help me with some info on it. First let me say this is my first Fender after playing for 10 years plus and even I find that hard to believe. just one of those things --- got hooked on Ibanez and never looked back but now I have finally played this P bass and I like what I hear. Don't like the weight, don't like the neck, a little limited on tones, but like I said I like what I hear and that's what is important. So the story on this bass goes liek this, bought in 1990, suppose to be a reissue of a 1959 P Bass, Made in Japan. Serial # H022499. Bass is really clean and has been played professionally so a little fret wear but absolutely no buzzing etc. can't believe how nice it fingers with the strings set nice and low. I was told it had been set up by a pro shop. I am not really asking about the value but if you want to comment on that fine but as an instrument how does this bass rate against the MIM MIA of today. I may have been converted to Fender my friends. This belonged to a great friend of mine and was presented to me as a gift of appreciation. Thanks!!!

BC