1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender P Lyte <3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BeanzCorp, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Okay, So i've played quite a few Fender P Lytes ( MIJ ) and these are easily my favourite ever basses EVER, and with some simple work they can be even better.

And now i'm finally buying one of my own:
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I just want to know more about it:
    Why did Fender stop making them??-I feel as if this would be a real top seller.
    What problems have people had with them??-If these basses could gain weight they'd be obese because of all the batteries they devour. And Neck dive?-Dodgy Jack inputs?

It's also Thaddaeus Tribbett's Bass ( My Favourite EVER Bassist ), i don't just like it because he plays it though.
    Check him out: Thaddeus Tribbett KILLIN @ the BRL Conference 09 - YouTube
    Thaddaeus Tribbett Jae Dana Sorey Pudge Parris Bowens NYE &#39;08 - YouTube

Am i one of the only people that are hooked on this bass??
    P Lyte Lovers, where you at?????

2. Just a Bump since i'm the only person hats viewed it.

3. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I owned one back in 95. It was a sunburst ( brown) with gold hardware. I loved that bass but the neck was very sensitive to string guage changes and needed neck adjustments often (relief not warp)

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The lack of P-lyte lovers is shown by the slow response. There's the reason Fender dropped it.

5. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    you bumped it after 32 minutes?

be patient.

6. I loved my P Lyte. Only reason I sold it was I needed to go to 5 string. My original intent was to keep the Lyte and use the 5 string for select songs but I couldn't get used to switching between the 19mm spacing on the Lyte and the 18mm on my Yamaha TRB onstage.

I needed some quick cash one day and sold it to a friend of mine. He still has it and isn't playing much these days but doesn't want to part with it. He's the first to admit it's the best bass he has ever owned.

7. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    O.k you got me....its my fav bass of all time but since i got a Gene Simmons Punisher i havent picked them up till a few nites ago after about 9 months.I got sick of boasting about them.
    Some have neck problems but i havent had any, fingers crossed.Others say the stock p/u`s arent that good but i love mine.
    Ive got a Standard P-Lyte & an Deluxe P-Lyte finished in raw Mahogany.I gotta say these are very nice basses & they remain my favs for the past 12years atleast.
    These arent pics of my babes cause i didnt have time to take photos but they are the exact same basses that ive got.They are not the same in sound but both sound great.
    Good Luck buddy.

Attached Files:

8. does anyone kno where callowhill bass is at?

9. Hammertime3

Hammertime3

Apr 23, 2008
    Delaware
    I just turned one down on our local CL for $125, HSC and all. I found out about the pre-amp and battery and that really didn't appeal to me. I couldn't find out much about them on this forum. Maybe this goes to their popularity, I don't know. I've got four other basses which rarely get played, so I didn't really need a fifth, though the price was right, I think.