1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender P MiM vs higher end Fender P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Growler, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    I've been playing a Fender-P MiM with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders for a while now and my primary style of play is blues. I like the sound but I was wondering if I went with a 'higher end' Fender-P (either MiA or Deluxe...) would the sound be that much different or better? One complaint I do have about my current set up is that open-E is too 'growly' for me, but when I move into the key of G it sounds nice and smooth through my Eden Nemisys combo.

Any comments on going with a different Fender? Also, do most music stores allow you to have a grace period whereby you can take the instrument home and try it out on your home amp/cabinets rather than what they have in the store?

Thanks,
    Growler

2. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    well...the american deluxe sounds like a almos different instrument mainly because is active (18V) and has a humbucker in the bridge

3. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    i agree with the last guy i have played all three before. There really inst much difference between a MIM P-Bass and a MIA P-Bass. But the deluxe is an awsome bass. Capable of way more tones than an ordinary P-Bass. If i were you i would look into the Dleuxe active p-bass special. Its a MIM P-bass with a jazz neck and it has the best fender made p-bass Pick up in it as well as a noisless Jazz in the bridge. and its about half the price of a MIA P-bass and its way better in my opinion.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005

I just saw it...seems very good indeed...than put a BadAss2 and change the P pickup for a Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio Split P

5. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub...

*Ducks* :bag: