Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender P MiM vs higher end Fender P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Growler, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    I've been playing a Fender-P MiM with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders for a while now and my primary style of play is blues. I like the sound but I was wondering if I went with a 'higher end' Fender-P (either MiA or Deluxe...) would the sound be that much different or better? One complaint I do have about my current set up is that open-E is too 'growly' for me, but when I move into the key of G it sounds nice and smooth through my Eden Nemisys combo.

Any comments on going with a different Fender? Also, do most music stores allow you to have a grace period whereby you can take the instrument home and try it out on your home amp/cabinets rather than what they have in the store?

Thanks,
    Growler

2. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    well...the american deluxe sounds like a almos different instrument mainly because is active (18V) and has a humbucker in the bridge

3. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    i agree with the last guy i have played all three before. There really inst much difference between a MIM P-Bass and a MIA P-Bass. But the deluxe is an awsome bass. Capable of way more tones than an ordinary P-Bass. If i were you i would look into the Dleuxe active p-bass special. Its a MIM P-bass with a jazz neck and it has the best fender made p-bass Pick up in it as well as a noisless Jazz in the bridge. and its about half the price of a MIA P-bass and its way better in my opinion.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005

I just saw it...seems very good indeed...than put a BadAss2 and change the P pickup for a Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio Split P

5. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub...

*Ducks* :bag: