Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender P translucent orange...what would you pay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    check it out. I want to buy it.....

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    so do I :(

3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The amount I would pay for it would depend on the year, origin, and condition. Give some more info on the bass so we can help.

4. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Good point..............it's a 2001, american, and the pictures show it to be in pretty much, nice condition. little wear on the back of the neck. not bad at all.

5. I love these PJ basses, got 2 now, and am working on a 3rd. Whats the asking price?

6. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    he's asking 850. too high i think

7. That would be over $1000 Cdn...that seemes very steep to me for a PJ. I just made a custom one for close to $1300 Cdn. I would obviously try to talk the seller down. You have to pay, so its all up to you how much you are willing to spend. Good luck. It is sweet looking thats for sure....hmmm, maybe I'll buy it.

8. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I think 850.00 is to high, I just put a down payment on a new American Pbass duluxe and I got it for 1000.00 out the door. I would pay 650.00 for the bass, keep us updated.

9. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
  10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    That is a Hot Rod.
    $850.00 is a little high.
    If bass is in real good condition, I'd go $700.00-$750.00.

11. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    I believe you get an ash body with the Sunset Orange finish. I've got a 2001 Sunset Orange USA Precision (not a hot-rod though) and I'm very pleased with it. Not too heavy but resonant - also sounds good to my ears. I can never quite make up my mind how much I like the colour. It looks classier in the flesh, though.

One of these hot rods in this finish went for £450 (GB pounds) on eBay a couple of months back - a bargain in the UK at that price. I just couldn't justify buying another bass, however big a bargain.