Fender Part Numbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by selowitch, Feb 15, 2009.

1. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    For Fenders, I know it's usually fairly straightforward to tell based on the serial number what the two-year range is for its date of manufacture. I know my bass was made in 2001-2002 in Ensenada, Mexico. What I'm not sure of is its exact part number or model, though I think it's a Classic 60s Jazz Bass. Is there any way to know for sure?

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Check the Fender web site. They have the part numbers in the info about the individual bass.

For the Classic '60s Jazz the part # is 013-1800 - (the color number goes here).

3. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Right. I did look there. But while it seems likely that this could be the same as my bass, I can't be certain. Is the Custom 60s Bass of 2009 the same one (and does it have the same part no.) as the one they made in 2001-2002? What I don't know is if my bass is that bass and if the part numbers of that bass and mine are identical, since I don't see that part # anywhere on my bass. Yes, it could be that my bass is that bass in the sense of them having identical part numbers ... but maybe not. I can't disambiguate the situation completely.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021