Fender people

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snyderz, Feb 25, 2001.

1. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    This is not a bass question, but a case question. I have a 62 Jazz reissue coming in the mail with no case. I currently have a Fender rectangular case that I keep one of my Stinrays in. I plan to transfer the Jazz to the Fender case, but am not sure it will fit. The MM is 13 1/2" wide at the body, and barely squeezes into the case. Are Fender cases universal for P's and J's?
    Thanks, Doc
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have a Precision with one of those molded plastic-sided cases. It looks like it would fit either P or J. I would think a J would be somewhat thinner than a Stingray.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The Fender should fit in the case just fine. Then get an SKB case for the Music Man.
  4. I have a question regarding a fender case. I got an old beat up case with my MIA P ($400, i love it), its black leather and has the red/orange stuff on the inside. My question is, did fender make tweed cases and black leather cases at the same time, or did they make one, then the other?
  5. The moulded cases for the American Standard basses will fit vintage and RI P and J basses. I know. I have tried them.

The Deluxe cases are a bit smaller.