1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Pickguards and Hipshot D-tuner

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fenderx55, Oct 8, 2009.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Cleaning out the parts drawer:

-I have a Parchment J pickguard that I picked up as a replacement for my MIA 2004 jazz bass so I could do some funky artwork on it, but the holes don't line up and it has a hole in the center so I'm thinking it's a '62 reissue or something? It was misrepresented on Ebay but I was too busy to really deal with it... and now we find ourselves 8 months later with an unusable pickguard. 3-ply parchment-black-parchment $20 shipped
    4033837706_9f00a7b446_o.

-Mirror P-bass pickguard that came on a 2008 MIA Pbass I got on ebay. This guy really wanted to get his Phil Lenot on. Totally awesome but not appropriate for any of my projects. SOLD

-Hipshot D-Tuner BT-4. Had this on my 2004 Jazz Bass for about a month and I just couldn't get the hang of it. I don't think I gave it a chance though. When I used it, it worked remarkably well. $50 shipped and it's yours, all lubed up with marine-grade white lithium grease. SOLD

Pics will come once I get home from work. Possibly some p-bass pickups as well.

2. mirror guard Im guessing?

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Wow, yeah. Totally forgot the important part of that reference. Yes-- mirror guard. Editing now.

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The pickguard is most likely a Geddy replacement, with the hole and odd hole placements.

I wish I had the cash for the Drop D!

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Really? In parchment? I had no idea... Thanks.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I have some nibbles, but how 'bout a bump.

7. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Payment sent for pickguard...

8. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    What kind of P-pup you got? I'm looking for a 1/4 pounder...

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Sorry, DiMarzio. Not sure what kind, came in a bass I bought but I'm not digging it, since swapped it out for a 1/4pounder.

Bump for some updates.

10. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    I'm interested in the BT4. How many mounting screws? I can only see two on the hipshot website photo. I'm upgrading the tuners on my MIM P-Bass and they are the usual 4 screw type.

11. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    There aren't actually screw holes, there are 2 pegs that fit into anchors on the headstock. These are pretty specific as far as models go, I would call hipshot with your bass' serial number in hand and they'll tell you which one to get. They're super knowledgeable and helpful.

12. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks, I'll give them a call

13. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    PM sent for hipshot extender

14. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Payment sent, Thanks Chris Drop D Thumb!