Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender Pickguards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lawndart, Mar 16, 2005.

1. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Where does one get a Fender made MIA Pickguard?

thanks
    sean

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    You can order it right from your local guitar center or any music stoor for that matter

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
  4. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    peabody
    WOW thanks for that link......im making that one of my favorites
    they even have replacement necks too.....cheaper than Musicians friend.

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    seanie you have a tortoise shell right?

if you get a new one, i want it.!!!

6. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    yeah im thinking about switching it to black. Ill let ya know when i do. prob w/in a week or so.

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah ive been debating going to either black or the tort. so if you are getting rid of the tort cheap, i'm interested,

8. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    ill let ya know. im even toying with the idea of getting a 57 maple neck, but we'll see.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Be prepared for a long wait, however.

My GC warned me that it would be a minimum of a month to get a Fender pickguard and after six weeks I cancelled the order. Some time after that the manager told me that they were discouraging customers from ordering Fender parts as the wait was longer than most would tolerate and they wound up cancelling the orders -- which made it a waste of time for the store.

10. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Check the sponsor of the setup forum for pickguards.

Tom

11. www.terrapinguitars.com
    Okay its not Fender Made but this company will make u a custom pickguard. U choose make and model and choose a colour or a picture. Very easy. I have seriously considered having one made for my Fender Jazz Deluxe MIA as I'm not able to find a Fender made anywhere.

12. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    First let me say John was great to deal with and the turn around time was very good and build quality is also very good considering it was custom made for my MM Sabre.

I ordered a tort from John. When I got it, it was obviously a print or copy of tort onto regular plastic guard material. Cost me $65.

I will also say that from 12" away, you can't tell. But close up you can, and as long as I know about it, it sorta bothers me. When I told John about it, the email response was, "I noticed that, too."

13. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've had two bad experiences with Terrapin and never went back. Had him make a pickguard for both my standard precision and jazz. Neither of them fit, and the brown swirly one I ordered turned out green. Never went back, and I don't expect I will. You may want to look elsewhere.

14. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY