1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Pickup Problem?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gareth, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gareth

gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    UK
    I’ve now revalved my Trace Elliot V6 amp head completely – initially power valves and now the pre-amp valves.

But I’ve still got problems that I am beginning to think are bass related rather than rig related.

I use two basses to gig with, both Fender – a Roscoe Beck 5 and a 4 string.

No problem with the RB5, but every now and then when I use the 4 string, a weird noise comes thru the rig – its like a low pitched screeching or pulse.

Because the problem is only with the 4 string this leads me to believe that it cannot be a rig problem.

I’ve found that if I continue playing the problem remains, but if I stop playing for a bar or so, the problem goes until the next time.

We gigged last nite and on the 10 songs I used the 4 string, it occurred in 4 songs (occurring once or twice in each song)

I’ve tried using different p basses, including old ones and new ones and also a MIM p bass special with p/j configuration.

I’m not sure what to do next.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gareth

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

low pitched screeching? Must been an interesting sound.

What's it do solo? I would think the sound should be MUCH more apparent solo than to music. Have you tried another rig with the bass with the band?

This thread that may be useful (see isolating the problem to the bass)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276127

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.