1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Pickups/Bridge

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by twjames66, Oct 13, 2013.

1. twjames66

twjames66

Sep 28, 2013
    Rochester NY
    Hi All,

New to the site...I just purchased a Fender Jazz Standard MIM (2000-2001)...I replaced the Pick guard with a Blue One (it was originally Black on Black)....The Bridge is a Badass II, did these originally come stock on a MIM series?

Also I was wondering how to identify the Pickups that are currently in it. I was questioning whether the previous owners had updated the bridge if maybe they updated the Pickup's as well. The person I bought it from didn't really have much information on it.

I was interested in updating the Pickups but need to identify the current ones in it. Does any one have any advice as far as pickups and whether its worth putting the money into this series? I really like the bass....I also have a Schecter Diamond/Stiletto custom 5 that I am most likely going to sell in order to fund further upgrades to the Fender

Also the top tuner was bent and with some C-clamps and vice scripts I was able to straighten it. There is still a little waviness in the clover paddle but it looks ok.

[​IMG]

2. If both pickups are identical in size (length & width), they're original to the bass (it's a dead giveaway for pre 2008 MiM Fenders). BA-bridge didn't come stock on those basses.

3. twjames66

twjames66

Sep 28, 2013
    Rochester NY
    Ya so they appear to be the same

L= 3-9/16" (90.5mm)
    W=3/4" (19.05mm)