1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender pickups - changes thru the years?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by P-punk, Jul 3, 2014.

1. I tried to search, but couldn't find anything. That's not so say this hasn't already been covered. :)

How did Fender pickups change through the years? Soundwise, how they're built, how they're wound etc. I know that the're will be inconsistencies even within a year, but in general.

I've read that JB pickups from the early '60s we're generally wound to mid 8s, while pickups from the late '60s were wound to low 7s or even 6.

Could anybody give a kind of timeline of Fender pups?

As you understand English is not my first language, but hopefully you understand what I'm asking for. :)

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    You have an excellent command of the English language. You make perfect sense. I understand exactly what you are wanting but unfortunately I don't have the answer but I will research and try and find out. You might try messaging DarkHorse here on the forum. He is an electronic design engineer for Genz Benz and a bass player also. I would bet he will know.

3. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    P-punk, if have not used messaging click on INBOX in the upper right corner next to your login name then click on the yellow button labelled START A NEW CONVERSATION. just type DarkHorse in the participant window and tell him what you need. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.