1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Fender Player Series MIM P-Bass Precision with extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Needsalilmore, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Needsalilmore

Needsalilmore Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    For Sale:

Fender Player Series MIM Precision Bass from 2018. Pau Ferro FB, original is White/White PG (included). Upgraded the pots/cap to CTS/American, put a Seymour Duncan SPB-2 "Hot" pickup in, original also included. Added a high-mass bridge (original included), and flatwound d'darrio chromes that are pretty new. Condition is fantastic. Recent setup by local luthier. Includes 3 PGs, the White is the orig, with the orig pots. Mint and Tort are 3rd party but look and fit awesome, genuine fender gold PG screws, originals included.

Edit to add weight: 9lbs exactly, with the Hi Mass Bridge.

The high-mass bridge is a little, well, high mass, but the old one can be swapped back in easily to save about 6 oz.

Edit: Price Lowered: $500 Shipped with everything. I'll admit it, I have too many fender basses!
    mimpfrontmain1. mimpickmain. mimpfrontmain1. mimpickmain. mimhead. mimpgs. mimfback.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    mikewalker likes this.
  2. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    question - is that the Fender high mass bridge? cant see from the pics. thanks

Needsalilmore likes this.
  3. Johnny21

Johnny21

Mar 19, 2018
    NJ
    Man, this one is a sweet one!

4. Needsalilmore

Dec 23, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    Yes sir, you are correct. An authentic Fender High Mass bridge (zinc saddles).

5. Needsalilmore

Dec 23, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    I was asked if it included a CASE:

It does not. I can include a guitar stand. This one has lived at home all of her life, and 2018 MIM P's don't come with anything (ever the player series, ***), even a gig bag. Amazon has the twill Fender case for this for $81 right now with free prime shipping, I have a few in my cart.

Edit to add: Yes, it comes with the tag/sticker/wrench pack.

Thanks,
    Justin

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  6. Needsalilmore

Dec 23, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    For those of you waiting on a weight, it's 9 lbs on the dot, with the Hi Mass Bridge installed, which is about 6.5 oz more than a standard bridge, from what I understand.

So 8 lbs 9.5oz with a standard MIM bridge (included). That's also with the fat chromes (.105 E) installed. Everything but a strap.
    Sun came out a bit. Here is some natural light.
    View attachment 3280326

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. Needsalilmore

Dec 23, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    Price lowered to $500.