SOLD Fender Player Series P basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drumrtommy, Jun 8, 2019.

1. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale are two P basses, on of which is brand new, can’t return it because there is nothing wrong with it.

The tidepool bass has fender strap lock buttons, fender MIM vintage pick ups and TOAT pots and cap, it came with Seymour Duncan’s so I replaced. Strung with DR Flats

The sage metallic is a week old, strung with DR Pure blues, will included original strings.

Will sell each bass with a hardcase, asking $550 shipped each PayPal or chase bank. Or willing to sell both $1000 together. Selling due to a family emergency, thanks.

59262FEE-2AB2-44CF-B8E1-B3D2E8E991D0.jpeg B5DA74F7-3E93-4E0D-9D22-D6A6080116D8.jpeg 381C0355-DC2B-4A25-BAE6-A18E5A4E3F37.jpeg 2DF22AF9-DCA2-422D-89D6-17A39EA7F4EB.jpeg

Attached Files:

thombo likes this.
  2. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    What is TOAT?

3. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    The art of tone, it’s a ship from amazon I believe. It’s just two CTS pots, and orange drop capacitor, switchcraft output jack, and cloth wire

4. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Ahh... Thanks, link saved: Guitar Wiring Upgrade Kits - Bass - The Art Of Tone

That is a nice upgrade for the Player Series which do not have great electronics out of the box as I understand.

Two very nice basses... I am flush with P basses at this time or I'd be very much in danger of owning one of these! GLWTS!

5. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Do I understand correctly that the Tidepool blue bass came with Seymour Duncan pickups and you replaced them? If so, do you still have the Duncans? Thank you

6. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    Yes Seymour Duncan quarter pounders that I replaced to vintage fender pick ups. If interested please PM!

7. Do you know how much they weigh?

8. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    Not at home at the moment but these are “lighter” basses typically, I would say 8-8.5 and balanced well, definitely not heavy

9. Levitamin

Levitamin

Jan 17, 2009
    Would I use the Jazz Bass TOAT kit to upgrade the Players Jaguar? I’ve never upgraded electronics but I definitely want to give it a shot.

10. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    I can’t say for sure it just depends on what your insurance needs. The P Bass only needed two pots, the Jaguar is two volumes and a tone correct? That should be it, don’t use their wiring diagrams though

Levitamin likes this.
  11. muddychicken

muddychicken

May 18, 2016
    Bakersfield
    Hello are these available?

12. drumrtommy

drumrtommy

Feb 16, 2018
    Phoenix
    The blue one is, green just sold on reverb today, will update the page tonight