Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Power jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by katri, Jan 25, 2006.

1. just saw this on the 'new to 06' page and it looks amazing!!!!
    POWER jazz
    it has a fishman power bridge for acoustic sounds and the rest is pretty much stock the controlls are One vol per magnetic pickup and a master tone for the 2 magnetic pups then an independant vol and tone for the piezo
    list is $1099
    i really want one!:hyper:

Dan

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I second that. Piezos blended with Fender sound . . . . ooooooh.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not a bad thing for them to be adding. Although they are really 'new model' happy. They could just maybe add 'piezo option' to the Standard Jazzes, but i guess that wouldnt make them Standard anymore.

So, i approve.

4. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Good, just the bridge setup I've been looking for!

How much?

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I wanna try one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

6. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yeah, brah! I was checking out the Fender website last night, and I read about that axe, too. But may I tell you what's got me all jazzed-up right now? I saw that, for 2006, Fender is now offering a 5-string version of their Victor Bailey... koa wood with gold hardware... jazz bass, and I then checked to see if it was available on Musician's Friend... it was/is. :crying:

Now I be feeling my Mastercard starting to rock in my wallet... and I just very recently purchased a Bergantino NV425 to add to my stable! :confused:

Patience, patience, patience... :rolleyes:

Had to come back and edit this... I went back to check on MF a few minutes ago, and guess what!?! While they continue to list the Victor Bailey 5-string, they now have it as 'discontinued.' I figured something was up, 'cuz of the price they were listing: $1469... which is the same price they were showing for the original 4-string version... hmmmmm! I should've pulled the sting on a purchase and made them stick to their quote! You think they would've honored that price? Oh well... no matters. Too late now...

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    From the description, it doesn't look like the Power Jazz has the same preamp from the other Deluxe. I guess they can only cram so much into a control cavity. It would have been kind of cool to have the three band preamp and the piezos.