1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Precision Bass 1977

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Billy Mohler, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Billy Mohler

Billy Mohler

Dec 27, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hi! (LOWERED Price)

Letting go of a few pieces to fund some new gear...

Up for sale is my 1977 Fender Precision Bass in Mocha Brown. This bass sounds phenomenal, punchy, warm and loads of character. This was my main bass for many years but has sat in my rack unused for far too long.

The bass weighs 9.4 pounds and is being sold a players instrument, as I the pickups have been re-wound by Lindy Fralin (in 2000), and the volume and tone knobs could be repros, as well as plenty of nicks and scratches from years of use.

The bass has been used on many recordings including Liz Phair, Awolnation, and The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex. Here’s a few clips in action....

Liz Phair -

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex

This is a killer bass!!

Thanks!

Billy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. boroman

boroman

Apr 27, 2009
    boro
    Super nice! Please share the exact weight, photos of the pots and back of the pickguard (with serial number speaker). Are the pickups rewound by Fralin, or they ARE Fralins btw?

3. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    I am in pain.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021