1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Precision Bass '63 AVRI American Vintage Reissue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Laurent, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender Precision Bass 63 AVRI American Vintage Reissue

The bass is from 2012, Serial V1208286. I believe it was the first year these basses were made and it replaced the Precision 62 Vintage reissue. I am the second owner of this bass. I have owned it since May of 2013. The bass will ship in the original factory cardboard and the original case. All the case candy as well as the hang tags are included. The case candy bags have not been opened. The leather bass strap has not been used. The nut width of this bass is 1.75” or the widest neck made by Fender. The profile is chunky and it is one of the largest neck Fender has ever made on a P-bass. It is very similar to the Pino Palladino Custom Shop neck. Despite being a large neck, the neck is fast and plays incredibly well. The bass weight is 9.1 lbs. Note I have small hands and have been able to navigate this neck without efforts.

Condition: the bass has been played finder style and has not been out of the house. It has some light scuffing on the back, only visible up close under the right light. The bass has two needle head chips in the nitro finish; one is on the upper left corner of the heel right on the edge. The second one is on the upper edge of the bass, on the belly cut. About ¼ of an inch to the side of this there is a hairline scuff. I also noted a scuff near the bridge that is only visible under the right light and the right angle. There is also a pinhead indentation in the finish to the right of the lower screw of the back plate. There is a scuff to the right of the bridge. I have made an effort to document any issues accurately. I would rather over state issue and understate them. No fret wear on this bass. The neck is straight and has no issue. The rosewood fretboard is in great shape and has no issue. Pocket is tight and fitting is terrific.

The bass currently has Ernie Ball Super Slinky round strings. Everything else is original, the soldering on the pickup wire is original; the pickups have not been changed. These pickups sound overwound and have the biggest bass of any Fender P bass pickup. They sound terrific and are the best Fender current P-bass pickup. Despite their big tone, they still sound like Fender pickups. I believe the large neck also contributes to the larger than life tone of this bass.

Set-up is low and the playability is terrific. The bass plays like butter. I have written extensively about how good this bass is and the high quality of its pickups. I am selling this bass to finance an expensive acquisitions.

$1,500 shipped CON US

Will consider international shipping with an established Talkbass member. PM me so that I may quote you the actual additional shipping charges.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    R&B, waynobass and Burwabit like this.
  2. Twangster101

Twangster101 You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?

Aug 6, 2012
    South Mississippi
    Say it ain't so. GLWTS. These basses are fantastic.

3. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    ....,oh,....dear,....why,...is this,...still,...here????? If I didn't love my P5 so stinking much,...... Someone Pahhhh-leeeeeeeeze take this beauty home!! ;^)

4. Benbart

Benbart

Jan 16, 2014
    Manchester nh
    I would seriously like to add this to my collection.
    Trade?

Attached Files: