1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Precision Bass (Nitrocellulose, Bound/Blocked Jazz Neck, Bill Lawrence)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Price:
    $499
    Strings:
    I'm not gigging and just moved to a new town across the country, so I'm letting go of the last of the gear that I don't use on a daily basis.

I couldn't find the specs I wanted from Fender, so I put this together with wonderful results. The body is a Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass body with nitrocellulose lacquer. The body itself is very light weight and resonant. The pickguard is genuine Fender black/white/black, the bridge is gotoh and it has very smooth CTS pots. The pickup is one of the fantastic P-46 precision pickups from Bill Lawrence. I had to wait about 4-months to get this and it was well worth the wait. The neck is from All Parts and made in Japan. It has really well done blocks and binding and it fits the body perfectly. There are no gaps in the neck pocket and the neck will stay in the body when held upside down with no screws.

The tone is very full and rich across the frequency spectrum with full lows and wonderful mids. This pickup responds especially well to the tone knob and can go from modern to vintage quickly. These pickups have zero noise as well as the poles themselves being grounded, so no buzzing every time your finger brushes the pickup. I'm a big fan of the P-46 and will get another set in the future.

Playability is great on this one. The jazz width neck is just fantastic. It's thicker from front to back than most jazz necks, which makes it a great neck to use with Labella Deep Talking Flats. Most jazz necks that I've played are too thin front to back for flats, which make them harder to push down and can pull the neck in a nasty up-bow. I've had these on it since day one and the neck just loves them. The action is low as can be and the neck straight as an arrow with no buzz. It's definitely the easiest bass to play with high tension flats that I've played.

It's in really good shape. The neck has a chip in the clear coat on the back of the headstock as well as it looks like some glue was scratched off next to one of the frets. The body has a tiny pinhead chip as well as some of the ubiquitous spiderweb scratches nitro gets so easy and a couple of scuffs on the edge. It's the kind of small stuff you really have to look for mostly, I just want to be up front.

This really is a fantastic bass for the money!

Price: $499 plus shipping. No trades please.

A86ED0F0-F463-44AA-9A39-41CC10B0C354_zps8nfusuyh.
    B0048781-1CF8-43D7-98F0-78400A69C930_zpsoptcbru6.
    79257A27-5BEA-4581-9EA4-ECD8C061FC9F_zpst3tbhpqo.
    2063265A-4C61-4B98-A217-8C0E5EAB74A1_zpsxhwnluii.

Michael

StreetScenes and R&B like this.