Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Precision Bass P-Bass Lyte?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hey guys and gals,

Questions:

On the Fender Precision Bass P-Bass Lytes:

- Where were these made?

- How much is a used one in good shape worth?

- Do they play well (generally speaking) and sound nice?

- I assume that these are better quality than a standard MIM P-Bass, right?

I have an oppprtunity to get one of these, just need to know more about em...

Thanks,

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll try.....
    Japan
    Sorry, no idea.
    Yes, they play well. As to how they sound that is of course completely up to individual preference. They have a P-J pickup configuration, so a decent P tone should be available at least. I personally don't like the P-J pickup configuration but others love it (maybe you will!).
    IMO, yes. However, if you want the "classic P-Bass" look, feel and sound, the Lyte will not offer that.

3. One of the reasons you won't get true P bass feel with this instrument is that it uses a slightly smaller body than the standard P bass.

I owned a MIA Deluxe Precision Plus which had the smaller body. As big as I am, it didn't "fit" me very well.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I think that the Lyte is comparable in construction and mission to an Ibanez SoundGear.

5. JaggedB

JaggedB

Jan 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    Aren't the new Zone basses meant to be "replacements" for the Lyte series? At least the MIM Zones. The American Zones seem to carry on the more modern look but with souped up electronics.

6. Purs

Purs

Feb 20, 2002
    Texas
    I like mine alot.