SOLD Fender Precision Bass - Parts Build 80's E-Series Body PB62 MIJ Neck W/ DiMarzio's! W/ HSC! BADASS!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dusterdan70, Nov 24, 2021.

1. dusterdan70

dusterdan70 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Where to start?! This bass is an absolutely awesome Precision that I put together. It was assembled in-house with the following select parts:

Body
    84' MIJ PB-557 Body, original serial# was E811705. These old E-series bodies are highly desirable in their own right, and feature light weight with high build quality and classic p-tone. This one is no exception, it's great. I believe these were alder while the PB-562 was basswood; it's one of those two. The neck plate, neck screws, and bridge are original to the body, and show road wear accordingly. This is genuine, not some relic job.

Neck
    I paired the body with a 94' MIJ PB62 neck that has a gorgeous gloss finish with a dark slab of rosewood. The neck is fantastic, with a comfortable profile, vintage frets that retain mostly all of their original height, and original tuners. The frets have been polished, and the rosewood board cleaned and oiled. The original serial# for the neck is T098105. The rosewood looks to have been ebony-stained at one point, and shows pretty well although does has some wear as pictured, along with a scuff on the back of the headstock area. It matches the wear of the body well, and sets up well with low action, accurate intonation, and great playability! If you have a heavy hand, it has a light buzz on fret 5/6 of the e-string, so could use a quick fret level to be absolutely perfect; a quick 5min job.

Under The Hood
    The harness was purchased from a boutique builder and features full-sized 250K pots and a solderless connection with a treble bleed circuit & orange drop cap. That's paired with the unobtanium DiMarzio Area-P pickups and a new set of Rotosound rounds.

This bass absolutely nails the vintage P-tone, the pickups on this are great! All of this wonderfullness, and only weighs <9lbs! Also, ships with a pre-loved SKB Freedom form fitted hard case. All latches work, and comes with some complimentary stickers on the outside shell. Just a great bass composed of only the very best MIJ parts and USA made DiMarzio pickups & boutique harness, and British strings! I'm not in a rush to sell it, but feel free to make an offer. Big price drop and NOW ONLY $825 SHIPPED firm via UPS ground to the lower 48 only please, no PO boxes. Venmo, cashapp, maybe paypal accepted. NO TRADES, PLEASE!

Check my feedback and buy with confidence, this is a beauty!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  2. Wow cool bass! GLWTS

dusterdan70 likes this.
  3. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Completely awesome, but is a "sleeper" in that it's not likely to catch the eye of some scum bucket instrument thief who may turn up at a bar gig... GLWTS

dusterdan70 likes this.
  4. negativeions24

negativeions24 Supporting Member

The Area P is a GREAT pickup. I had one in a CIJ PB57 that I sold...full-bodied and warm. GLWTS!

dusterdan70 likes this.
  5. dusterdan70

dusterdan70 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    turkey day price drop on this sweet axe!

6. Chop11777

Chop11777 Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2016
    South carolina
    Nice one Dan !!!
    Chop!!!

dusterdan70 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021