1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Precision Bass Pickup KILLER TONE!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by SLAPMAN, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAPMAN

SLAPMAN Banned

Jan 26, 2005
    New London,CT
    I have a Precision Pickup from a 1992 MIK Fender Precision(squier series)

This pickups has plenty of output and sounds absolutely killer with deep,fat lows just like a good P Bass should have,I just happen to like a pickup that has a closed cover on it better.

I am asking $80 shipped for this one.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Thanks For Looking!

Frank
    (860)444-1091(home)
    (401)261-0282(cell)
    kristenrasi@sbcglobal.net

2. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    Maybe its none of my business, but this is a little bit of a "bait and switch", or am I just confused??

You say it's from a "MIK Fender" when it's really a "(squier series)"...or am I assuming incorrectly??

If it's a pup from a Squier then call it that.
    I think the Squier pups sound good in their own right.
    But they're not Fender pups.

3. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    hmm...

4. SLAPMAN

SLAPMAN Banned

Jan 26, 2005
    New London,CT
    Ok I will clarify for you.....

Some instruments that Fender made were Squier's and they said"Squier"in big lettering when the Fender Logo would normally go.

The instrument that these came from say"Fender"in big lettering in the normal logo spot,then right next to that it says"Precision Bass"and then in tiny lettering at the scroll/round part of the headstock it says"squier series"

It was my understanding,after learning much about Fender's over the years and having many friends who were Fender afficianado's,that these particular instruments were closer by far to an actual Fender and even higher quality than very nice"Squier"models.

5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Fender used to make a "Squier" series, kinda same concept as MIM, MIA, MIJ..these were MIJ or MIK and dubbed squier.....before Squier became it's own company under Fender..so a Fender Precision "Squier" model is actually correct..

HPIM0555.
    here's an example..over on the right side, there is an area you can see that is slightly off colored...that used to say "Squier Series"...and the Fender is not an aftermarket sticker...

edit: btw...that's the most amazing P neck I've ever played on. this stuff was great quality stuff...

6. SLAPMAN

SLAPMAN Banned

Jan 26, 2005
    New London,CT
    Zak thanks much for the note!

I really wanted to clarify that this is a Fender Precision"squier"and that is just what you helped do!

That bass is not going anywhere but I changed out a lot of the parts so I have some things that were on the bass before up for sale(i.e.pickup,tuners and bridge)

7. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    Thanks for clarifying.

I get alot of gear online and some people think that fender, squier, gibson, epiphone, etc are interchangeable and/or no one will notice...

Good luck on your sale.
    I am looking for pups for my P, but this isn't what I'm looking for right now.

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    From the classifieds FAQ:

Q: What if someone’s asking price is too high?
    A: Sellers are entitled to ask any price they want for their item. Please do not contact a seller regarding their prices unless you’re interested in purchasing the item. Also, do NOT question a seller's price in a For Sale thread. Making offers via PM or email is OK, but thread interference (debating price publicly) will not be tolerated. (HD's edit)

In other words he's protected to ask whatever he likes. As long as he doesn't misrepresent it there's nothing you can do about it. In other words, if you think the price is too high send him a PM with a lower offer or ignore it.

9. SLAPMAN

SLAPMAN Banned

Jan 26, 2005
    New London,CT
    Excellent sounding P Bass pickup for anyone that needs one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.