Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Precision Bass Special California Series

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Personatech, Nov 18, 2004.

1. I bought this very nice 1999 Fender Precision Bass Special a couple of months ago but GAS has reared its ugly head:
    • Conservatively rated as being in 8.5/10 condition - it has a couple of nicks and dings but is generally in great shape.
    • Black alder body with slim Jazz-width maple neck
    • Gold anodized pickguard - looks great for anything from formal to metal
    • Badass II bridge, nicely slotted
    • EMG P/J pups - nice thump from the P, great growl from J, superb blend!
    • Controls are Vol/Vol/EMG BTC tone circuit (stacked bass/treble, very quiet - no hiss or hum!)
    • 9V battery box professionally routed in back
    • Weighs 10.2 lbs. on my analog postal scale
    • Comes with Fender molded plastic case.
    • The bass is labelled "Made in U.S.A." but as I understand it the parts were made in California, then sent to Mexico for finishing, then sent back up to CA for assembly.
    The bass sounds great enough where I wouldn't mind keeping it but I would like something a little lighter (8.5-9.5 lbs) and, hey!, my GAS just kicks up every now and then.

I'm asking $550 shipped to the lower 48. Paypal is cool, other payment options are fine as well.

Sorry, no trades - I've worked out a deal on a sweet L2K!!

Email for pics. You'll love the bass, really!

Tom :D

2. Here's a couple of pics. Please note that the case shown is NOT the case that is included with the bass.

Attached Files:

3. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    that's hawt. i like that.

4. Yeah, it's pretty classy, huh? Sounds great, too!

Tom