1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Precision Bass Special Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by invalidprotocol, May 28, 2018.

1. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    Price:
    Per the serial dating this is a 2004-2005 MIM Fender Precision Bass Special neck. I bought this for a project that I abandoned. Rosewood fretboard, jazz profile and skunk stripe.

The tuners work, truss rod turns and the frets look good with no rough ends. It does have a couple of minor issues however so I am selling it as a project neck.

The top of the skunk stripe must have had a minor separation beginning. A little glob of super glue was used to fill it but not smoothed so there is a little bit of a lump. Also it appears the nut must have been replaced and during that process something cut the edge (a file maybe) of the fretboard. This cut appears to have been smudged over with a little superglue, only whoever did it wasnt careful with the amount of area it got on. Lastly the nut seems to be ever so slightly tilted towards the headstock. While my own basses dont have this phenomena, I’ve seen basses even new that were like that. Is that normal or an anomaly? I have no idea. I might be nit picking here but I’m trying to disclose everything so there are no surprises.

$140 shipped CONUS OBO

Attached Files:

MKD and Spidey2112 like this.
  2. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Great seller, buy with confidence!

invalidprotocol likes this.
  3. Rikster

Rikster

Mar 10, 2017
    McHenry, IL