1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Precision Custom Shop '59 Relic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alper Yilmaz, May 4, 2019.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Here is a Fender Precision Custom Shop '59 Relic in excellent condition (of course, if you can call a heavily relic'ed bass as excellent)... It was built in 2008 and I am the first owner. I bought the bass from Ludlow Guitars in Lower East Side, Manhattan some time in 2012 or 2013, I am not sure.

The bass comes with its original strap, tweed case, and all the documentation for authentication. I am not sure if it came with a Fender cable or not, but I definitely do not have it. When I look into the Fender website, I see that the body should be alder, but I think this one is ash (and a light one).

Anyway, I have quite a few pictures and if you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

I prefer "no shipping," so it is for pickup only. I live in Brooklyn, NY, but I am more than happy to meet the buyer anywhere in Manhattan, Brooklyn or Queens. I would ship this only on the condition that the buyer pays for S&H as well as insurance.

Thanks for looking into this... Best,

Alper IMG_0819.jpg IMG_1651.jpg IMG_3742.jpg IMG_5370.jpg IMG_5826.jpg IMG_6168.jpg IMG_6909.jpg IMG_8681.jpg IMG_8865.jpg IMG_0819.jpg IMG_1651.jpg IMG_3742.jpg IMG_5370.jpg IMG_5826.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    chechunka, ajmoce, scottm and 6 others like this.
  2. Price is reduced to $2,750.

3. Price is reduced to $2,500.

Simonon Paul Simonon likes this.
  4. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    city of angels
    Considering any trades ? Thank you !!

5. Thanks for your interest Bassman415. I am trying to thin out the herd, so I need to sell this one, sorry...

Cheers,

Alper

Kerem Koseoglu likes this.
  6. DD Gunz

DD Gunz

Jun 18, 2015
    California
    Why do you think it’s Ash? Neck pocket alone?

Thanks

7. Hi DD Gunz,

Sorry for getting back to you this late. I just wanted to look at the bass once more to see the body wood. I might be wrong about the ash vs. alder thing, yet when I look at the texture it looks like ash to me. Here is another photo which might help.

Best,

Alper

IMG_0277.JPG

8. Wondering about the question from DD Gunz, I asked Fender providing them with the serial number of the bass. In response, they said "it is Ash on Vintage Blond models and Alder on Sunburst." So the body is definitely ash, it turns out.

chechunka likes this.
  9. Kevin Teed

Kevin Teed Guest

Mar 8, 2013
    Yes, that's definitely ash and a beauty!

Alper Yilmaz likes this.
  10. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Gorgeous bass. Do you happen to know the weight?

11. Unfortunately, I do not have a precise scale, yet it looks like it is around 8.4-8.6 lbs.

fourtet102 and joker820 like this.
  12. Price is reduced to $2,400. Please PM me if you are interested...

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021