1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Precision Deluxe help...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LightGroove, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hey now,

Stumbled acrossed one of these basses today that looked like a total oddball.

The bass was labeled a Fender Precison Deluxe. Solid Black in color with a rosewood board. The pickup however was a Single double humbucker in the sweet spot..similar to a Stingray. Active preamp with just 2 knobs (one was stacked). Ive seen newer models with the P and double bucker but never one by itself.

Can anyone help with general info.(year, quality, etc) and a typical asking price...

Thanks

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Sound like the MIM Big Block Precision Bass.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PBassBigBlock/

3. I've seen a few of these at Guitar Center. Usually run about $350 or so used. They were discontinued so you can't really find new ones unless they're old stock.

4. Big block it was...THANKS! a ton.

It was at a local Samash for $399 used. I was going to shoot and haggle for $300 if I liked the tone and feel.

5. Have you actually played it yet? The necks are really fat and round, I was surprised.