Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Precision Lyte deluxe???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Oct 29, 2000.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Just wondering what everyone thinks of these basses. I played one at my dealer the other day, and am thinking about buying it. I am going to be buying a second bass soon, and since my dealer still hasn't gotten a Peavey Millenium Plus in yet, I am considering going with the Fender. I know it all boils down to what my preferences are and if I am comfortable with it, I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that can tell me a little more about the Fender Precision Lyte Deluxe.

THanks
    RYan

2. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I'm sorry, I can't remember if the one that I played was the deluxe model or not, however I really did like the bass. It balanced well and played very comfortably - the string action was impressive. The thing that turned me off from it was the active electronics (I personally, prefer passive) and the annoying charcoal color (again, another personal preference). Overall, my impression was that it was a great bass.

What are you wanting to know?
    Also, have you had a look at Fender's website? I know that the P-bass Lyte Deluxe is listed there.
    http://www.fender.com

3. Excellent underratted Bass. Great feel and the playability is very surprising. I do prefer the tone of the deluxe with the bridge humbucker compared to the standard with the single coil bridge pick up.

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The P Bass Lyte Deluxe is a really nice bass. I used to own one I wish I hadn't sold it, but I have heard issues about neck warpage with this model, which is probably why I sold it in the first place. Other than that it sounds great, looks great and is very light, a major plus. I replaced the stock P's with a set of Bartolini's and it sounded even better.

Phil