Fender Precision (one of a kind?)$350

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gsummer, Feb 22, 2001.

1. gsummer

Feb 11, 2001
    This is a Mexican made Fender P-bass that has a PJ setup with active elctronics. I recently had it setup and the guy at the shop told me had never seen one like it. He said it looked like someone had put some American parts on it and he guessed it was made in the early 90's. Either way, it is a nice looking and playing bass. Maroon/Red see-through finish. Rosewood fretboard. I am sorry I don't have a digital camera. If someone is interested I can try to get a picture of it up. I am asking $350 with a case included. The case is not in perfect condition on the outside (i.e. the top is a little warped), but it is excellent on the inside. This is a great bass for a beginner (it was my first) or for someone looking to buy an oddball. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have, or make me an offer. Thanks.

Galen Summer
  2. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I want it. But I don't have the money now. Can you wait a month?
  3. gsummer

Feb 11, 2001
    If you are willing to pay my asking price plus shipping (which we can discuss) I will sell it to you in a month. In fact, since this is my only bass, waiting a month is perfect because I don't want to be left without one and I haven't bought another yet. If this sounds good to you let me know.

4. gsummer

Feb 11, 2001
    I found out that the bass is a P-special. I guess that means it isn't one of a kind, but I must say I haven't ever seen a bass like it. Not that it looks weird, it just has a different shape pickguard and the tone knobs are different from other Fenders I've seen. If anyone is interested let me know.
  5. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I used to own one of these, I'll see if I can post a pic of it.
  6. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i don't think it's still for sale, though...
    no answer from gsummer anyways~
  7. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    has anybody tried to actually e-mail gsummer?