1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Precision Original '62 soundclip

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Frenchy-Lefty, Oct 11, 2017.

1. For those interested.
    Don't hold the playing against me I am a reggae guy but I thought more people would be interested in hearing this pickup in a rock context. I added a little guitar so you can hear how it sits in the mix. Also keep in mind that Soundcloud is very destructive in terms of sound quality but it'll give you an idea. Strings are new-ish Dunlop Superbright nickels.

Edit. I added this sound-clip for the Jazz/Funk peeps. Same bass but recorded with a mic in front of my amp (no eq added anywhere and it still sound crazy phat!) I play the improvised solo with my Warmoth Jazz Bass Deluxe passive with Delano JMVC FE pickups. Also if you scroll down in my Soundcloud tracks you can hear the exact same Fender Precision but with LaBella Flats and mutes and played in a Reggae context. A totally different sound. It is interesting to hear how versatile a Precision can be.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Nice, sounds really good

3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Sounds the way a good PB should to my ears. Those Dunlop super brights sound really nice with it too.

Thanks for posting that. :):thumbsup:

4. catalin gramada

catalin gramada

Dec 25, 2014
    Hey, thanks for share. It sound very different than mine. Very bright indeed. Thought strings did tons of difference. Nice playin

5. Those Dunlop Superbright nickels are honestly the best roundwound strings I've ever tried and I tried quite a few different sets over the past 30 yrs.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017