1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Precision P Bass 1953 1954 custom Sting MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jsr914, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Took this bass in on a purchase with several others. Great player, but I have my 1951 CIJ blonde reissue to fit the single coil spectrum. Must let it go to fund other purchases.

I don't believe Fender ever made a 1953 reissue without the Sting signature on the neck. This is an attempt to re-create such a reissue. I don't mind the "Geddy Lee" signature on the back of the GL series headstock, but never liked the Sting signature on the fretboard. Here are the details:

Made in Japan Sting bass body. 2 tone burst. Body contour.

Made in Japan 1951 reissue neck. Maple. Vintage tuners.

Seymour Duncan SCPB-1 pickup. 250k pots (small size - no routing), upgraded wiring and electronics.

Body has a few small marks below the bridge and faint swirls and scratches on back. 8/10 or better. Neck is very nice. Light fret wear. 9/10. Wearing new Fender flats.

Comes with a slightly beat up, generic tweed case. Latches and works fine. I also have a SKB rectangle older style case if you like that better.

Weighs about 9.5 lbs with covers. A little over 9.5 on one scale a little under on my other scale. A good looking and playing bass.

Asking $550 including shipping CONUS. No trades. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks.

sting01.

sting02.

2. Forgot to mention that this has a modern Fender deluxe bridge. Still allows for string through action or top load and is much easier to intonate. Thanks for the PMs and interest.

3. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    very nice ... and no stinking sting sig.... glwts

4. Sold pending funds. Thanks for the PMs and offers

5. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    How did I miss this?!?

6. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Just keeping a watch.

7. And SOLD. Thanks TBers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.