Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Precision STING bass w/ anvil case FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mrpackerguy, Feb 17, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    First a caveat: I'm not sure I will trade this, but am open to your trade offers. DEAL DONE with ERIC. THANKS!

I have a gorgeous tobacco burst Japanese-made Fender Precision 50-whatever reissue Sting bass that I acquired from Mr. Prashant this past summer. I believe Sting is dressed in an ash body. His wide smooth neck is maple. There is not a mark or ding on him. I wasn't too partial about his coat of white so I had Bryan Boots make me a 3-ply black coat for him (the cat's meow), though his original white coat will would be included. Sting is a bit of a high strung personality with a new set of TI Flats and he insisted on a professional set up in the low position.

He plays and sounds beautifully. Gigged with him all told about one set in the past several months and it didn't look like Prashant ever gigged with him either. The mistress he sleeps with every night is a 70's era Anvil flight case. She's in fair condition cosmetically (I wouldn't write home to mother about her), but she does the job and willing acepts Sting despite the taudry baubles on her no-longer smooth exterior and jury-rigged love handle. Her blue guts have shifted over the years as is common with age but she doesn't complain and voraciously protects Sting from the not-so-desirable elements that always lurk in attempts to inflict harm upon her beloved Sting.

For trade only. My main player is a '79 MM Sabre and I've not been able to really get any different sounds from Sting that I don't already get from the Sabre. In other words, I'm looking for something different.

I'd be interested in interesting fretless 4s or maybe cool fretted 5s. I'm not interested in coming up with much if any additional cash in a trade or, for you to offer something of lesser value+cash for Sting.

Again, I'm really looking for the right trade so neither you nor I will be disappointed if I end up turning a lot of potential trades down.

Some pictures below, more pictures at the link. Thanks.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/whozplaying/lst?.dir=/Sting+Bass&.view=l

2. I've got one of these basses and I love the look of the black pickguard. where can I get one?

3. paulp90

paulp90

May 22, 2005
    Nice bass, good luck with the sale.

4. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Search on ebay for 'dazbootman'. He makes pickguards for darn near everything.

Glenn D.

5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    TRADED

Please reference the date of the original post and the comment in the first post. My beloved Sting was traded in February with Eric. I'm thoroughly enjoying his old 5 string OLY Jazz Deluxe USA.