Fender Precision Tortoise Pickguard Part Number

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ia02, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ia02

ia02

Nov 30, 2008
    Can anyone tell me the part number for an OEM Fender Tortoise pickguard that will fit an early 2000's American Standard Precision? The tortoise guard I have been able to find is the AV '62 guard with the extra holes for the tugbar/thumbrest. I'd like one without these holes.

If a Fender branded guard does not exist can anyone point me to a very nice quality tortoise guard that will fit. I'd like one that looks as much like the true vintage guards. Brown tortoise, not red tortoise.

Thanks

2. DeaconK

DeaconK

Nov 17, 2006
    I ordered a tortise brown from Warmoth for my white P. I'm very please with it, you might try there?

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Tort on the AM standard didn't come out til 2008. If you like that color.

4. bassobrutto

bassobrutto Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
  5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    That wasn't an "American Standard," it was an "American."

Should be the #0056018000.

Search that and see if it looks right. I'm 99% sure.

Be sure to get new stock. These shrink like crazy off the instrument and if they're been hanging around for a couple of years in the bag, they start to curl and will not go on the bass without a fight.

If the one you get is curled, send it back. These cost way too much to pay for scrap.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021