1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Precision USA Select 2012

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by projectapollo, Jan 23, 2019.

1. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Price:
    Strings:
    SALE: $990 shipped. This weekend, only.

Offering a limited edition Fender Select USA Precision. Made only in 2012 with their own limited edition badge on the rear of the headstock and in the tweed case. This one is about 8.5 out of 10. Minor normal light scuffing and one ding at the rear of the lower horn. Very very good condition, especially for a 2012. These originally retailed at around $2200 and the last ones were sold as new old stock for around $1400. I'm not a P-Bass expert, but this model seems to be especially nice in build, weight, tone and playability. My selling price includes FedEx shipping. PayPal OK.

Key features: quarter sawn neck, alder body with flame maple top and flame maple fretboard, synthetic bone nut, limited edition badge. The attached photos include a complete specs summary for this bass.

Pictures show the factory white pick guard but will come delivered with a genuine black fender pick guard installed along with the original. It looks a lot better in the black PG.

Bass weighs only 8.375 pounds. Recently professional set-up with La Bella low tension flats by our own Thumpin_P here on TB. Original case candy not included. I'm selling to finance another Sadowsky. I guess I am a J-bass person. Please, no trade offers.
    s-l500.jpg
    Fender Select Precision Bass 2012 Specs.png s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-9.jpg s-l1600-10.jpg s-l1600-11.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. These basses sound good ...

3. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    love mine. has a level of articulation from the maple facing on the body that cuts better than most p's. Great price -- GLWTS!

4. REd Martin

REd Martin

Feb 10, 2017
    Jackson, MI
    If I had the cash, I would buy this bass right now. BEAUTIFUL bass. GLWTS.

5. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    I have one as well, these things are killer!

6. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    hudson valley,n.y.
    Why is this still here? These fender selects are a steal for what you get... that is why I bought five of these...I just can’t get enough of a good thing!

MrKeef and Soundworks like this.
  7. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Honestly if we weren't in the process of buying a house right now, I'd have picked up this one to become my 2nd select!

8. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Yeah, I going to try some nickel strings and see if I bond with the P thing more.

9. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Well, I put a new set of EB super slinky on this bass and it plays and sounds terrific. I've been playing 5-string for the past few years so this P-bass 4-string is like a race car, fun to play. BUT.... I pulled the trigger on my favored Sadowsky 4-string as a companion to my 5-string. So, this Fender beauty needs to move. Shipping carton ready, can get it out FedEx immediately....

10. Maxx_001

Maxx_001

Dec 29, 2010
    Florence, SC
    PM Sent...

11. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    And SOLD.

staurosjohn and Maxx_001 like this.