1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Precision Wallpapers For Aesthetes ;-)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bronco Bermuda, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Bronco Bermuda

Bronco Bermuda

Nov 15, 2009
    Hi there!

I was looking for a precision wallpaper for my desktop but i didnt find the one that fitted. So i asked a friend of mine who is good in photographing to make some pictures of my bass. The result is impressive to me so i will share them with you guys. ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wyrssjbh4n26r1x/heBjc_dZ79

The cleaning of the fingerprints, grease and dirt took longer than taking the pictures. :p

Its a Fender 50s Precision fiesta red ('09). Changed the pickguard to black and the pickups are Seymour Duncan SPB-1.

Feel free to use the pics if you like.

Cheers Bronco

2. It's.. Beautiful!

3. solderjunkie

solderjunkie

Jan 27, 2008
    Nashville TN
    That looks awesome! I might have to "borrow" one of those ;)

I've had the same pic for my desktop for years...

gearpics049-1.

4. I just made the one with the pickups as the focal point my new wallpaper.

THanks!

:)

5. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    Very, very nice. Made me go into the next room to admire my Precision.

6. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.

7. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I was looking for a new wallpaper and will use one of these even though I don't own a Precision (love 'em anyhow).

8. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thanks for sharing those great pics. So your bass has a flamed maple neck??!

9. The neck is beautiful, but I don't think it is the original.

Look at the trussrod adjustment.

10. Bronco Bermuda

Bronco Bermuda

Nov 15, 2009
    Everything is original except pickguard and pickups. The tussrod adjustment seems not because the pickguard is not meant to be on a bass with this kind of neck. You have to unscrew the neck to adjust, like the old precision basses.

Indeed the neck looks flamed but its the original one. This bass looks and sounds so great. I got the 1 of 100 piece of wood. I was a really lucky guy when i bought it.
    Went to a big musiccenter to buy one and the one i tested was sunbust but i wanted a fiesta red. So they had to go to the stock and get me the red one. When they opened the box and i saw this one and tried it i would have payed every price they asked for.
    Sorry for this long story.

11. Wow, and yes, I forgot the part about "50's" - I was going by the '09

Doh!