1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Precision with USA Jazz neck, Lawrence pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Billyzoom, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    SOLD. Thanks, Tony.

This bass is in excellent condition and sounds great. It already withstood the purchase of another USA P-bass, which was sold licking its wounds. While it came out on top, I'm apparently unable to resist the call of that friggin sunburst finish.

bassincase-1.

body.

bassrear.

This is an MIM body with a USA Jazz neck. I created this beautiful beast, I didn't purchase it like this. I had a great MIM Precision and a great Jazz, combined them into this and sold off the other parts.

jazzheadstock.

headstockrear.

I think this is an unusually good MIM, as it sounded as good as my USA P, and when I upgraded the pickup I didn't hear a significant improvement. I already loved the tone and only did the upgrade because I assumed the stock pickup must not have been good, despite my loving the tone. I think it sounded just as good before the Lawrence pickup, but maybe my ears aren't as keen as some of yours.

Upgrades include Gotoh bridge, Bill Lawrence pickup (recent), replacement black genuine Fender pickguard, upgraded Switchcraft jack, Dunlop straplock strap buttons. Currently strung with flatwounds...I have a few different sets, but I think these are the LaBella Deep Talkin, which were my favorite.

Neck is in great condition, great frets, nice board. Low action, no buzzing. I'll include the original white pickguard as well.

Seems to be about 9 pounds even...anything over that I can't deal with. 1.5 inch nut width, perfect balance. Entire bass is in excellent condition.

Zero issues, plays wonderfully, sounds great. Has been played, but no cosmetic issues that are significant. Never taken out of the house.

case-1.

Price:

$575 + shipping with an inexpensive bag.

$600 + shipping with SKB hard case in good shape (shown).

$625 + shipping with a new style Fender hard case in excellent shape with key and the TSA approved lock.

No trades, por favor. Paypal works. Will ship to confirmed Paypal only, and sales to lower 48 only, please. Don't want to hassle otherwise. Thanks!

2. Wish she was a blondie...(maple neck)

3. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Where in So Cal are you located? I'm in Burbank and may be interested.

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    How does the bass balance? Is it neck heavy at all?

5. Billyzoom

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    If you're in Burbank I'd be happy to meet up somewhere in the middle if you put say, $50 on Paypal just so I know I'm not driving in vain.

As far as the balance, it's perfect. Not neck heavy whatsoever.

Not that it's critical either, but it has the Corona neck plate as well.

Joel

6. Billyzoom

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    and a price update.

$575 + shipping with bag
    $600 + shipping with SKB case
    $625 + shipping with Fender deluxe whamabamalama case