1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Precison + Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QuickNasty, Aug 17, 2012.

1. QuickNasty

QuickNasty

Jul 29, 2012
    Does anyone have any experience with or pictures of a Precision bass with P Pups + Neck and Bridge J pups. If you count the P Pups as 2 rather than 1 and add the J Pups. That would be a total of 4 Pups.

I'm picturing something like a Fender Aerodyne with an extra Jazz Pickup above the Precision pickup in the neck position.

Anyone have info on a project such as this?

2. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    So you mean J-P-J?

3. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Fender Stu Hamm Urge (and Urge II). Great basses.

[​IMG]

4. QuickNasty

QuickNasty

Jul 29, 2012
    Yes, that's the idea! Calling it a J-P-J makes more sense, thanks.

That setup with series/parallel switchs in a passive pickup design. Or maybe a sidewinder type of J shape pickup in the neck position. SGD pickups seems to make a nice one for that position. Would be something I'd really like to try building for an all in one fender sound.

Maybe even a Jbass chambered body from Warmoth to go with it =)

This Fender Stu Hamm Urge II bass led me on a trip to some other killer guitar designs.

First:This looks like the perfect bass for coffee shops! http://www.washburn.com/products/basses/sh/ab40sh.php
    [​IMG]

Second: Where is a version of the guitar design in this picture for acoustic bass with a second small sound hole near the elbow end of the body? It should be made Aexside1100.

Third: This would make a stand out bass for sure
    021909_top.

Forth: Somehow i came upon this gem of a video while searching for Stu Hamm BX3. It's Bill Dickens explaining his Buddha training technique. I'm all about adding different things to my training regiment, and this one seems like it would add a bit of FUN and Newness to practicing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKN0TNTSzSM&feature=related

Ok ok i know i got off topic, but any show of J-P-J projects would be killer to see and talk about. Hope i didn't detract too much from the original topic. :bassist: