1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Pro 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marko 1, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I’m recent to the Bass, did a bit of Sound first, but decided I’d make some sound instead.

Anyways, I’ve had the luxury of jamming with real musicians lately, and decided to put together a proper Bass rig.

What I ended up with for cabs are two of these Fender Pro 410 cabs.

The price was right (seems they're discontinuing this model?), and the specs seemed pretty convincing, but I couldn’t find a review to save my life.

I suspect it’s because most Bass players go to Ampeg, GK, Ashdown, Genz, etc, but I wondered if anyone has any opinions on these Fender Pro cabs.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-410-PRO-4x10-Bass-Cabinet?sku=600584

[​IMG]

Of course, this is “after the fact”, as I’ve already got this stack as pictured, but just curious what you guys might think.

Thanks for any input.

2. eww omg you're screwed lol shoulda got ampegs lmao!

let us know how they sound to YOU!

we would have suggested you try some different brands out first and pick your favorite!

3. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I've always thought the slant was kinda cool.
    Then again, it blends your cab in with the guitarists... ;)

4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Newbie to this, honestly, I can’t say I’ve developed a sense for “tone”... I hear so much about it, but I just don’t comprehend it.

I figured “Fender Pro”... can’t be completely unknowledgeable about sound/tone/whatever... and again, the price was pretty good.

I guess I hoped for a better review. :crying:

Just ordered a BBE BMAX for a preamp (I hope that’s not so bad), and presently using an old/cheap Power amp until I can muster enough for, probably a QSC G3 - 300 watts per cab... (I’m a fan of Agedhorse from another forum, I don’t intend to overpower the cabs)...

I might add an additional compressor (TC Electronics C300, or the dbx 266 I already have) if necessary.

5. Tubbsboy

Tubbsboy

Mar 8, 2009
    I recently purchased the exact same cab. Love the tone and quality. I think you made a wise choice.

6. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    :hyper:

:)

7. Those cabs sound really quite good. I borrowed one at a gig once and enjoyed the tone. Rock on!

8. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Like I said, I think most Bass players go to the standard popular brands, and this cab might have simply gotten overlooked.

No way “Fender Pro” can be completely ignorant of what’s needed/desired, so maybe I latched on to a little secret here.

Right now, for $399 per cab... wow! :)

9. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Here on TB they're not well thought of. In reality,they are a very good cab highly underrated.

10. I looked at those, and was considering a Avatar 410 also.

I ended up getting a new head instead for now, but really looked at the slanted cab hard. I can't imagine it being a bad cab.

I have a 410 HLF and wanted to get eh weight down some.

I would be curious how you like it after you have a real chance to play it in, and put it in a live mix.

11. although not a very prominant member here on TB, I don't believe that anyone can "speak for me" saying "ALL" of the Forum members do not think well of these.

Not flaming, and not going to take a flaming form anyone.

This was probabaly not how you meant it, but I thought that you may wish to think about that next time.

Thanks -
    >:^{I)>

12. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Marko,
    My local music shop has just recently started carrying Fender's better bass equipment. They only kept Fender's inexpensive, small, practice combos in the past.
    IMO....Fender's better equipment is right up there with almost all the more commonly recommended bass amps, and surpassing alot of them!
    Fender has recently raised the bar considerably on their bass amps, (I think their intergrating SWR ideas into the Fender bass amps since the buy-out.)
    I think you've some really nice cabs.

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have not spent any time with that particular model, but Fender did send me the 610 Pro and 215 Pro (along with the TB 1200 head and TB 600C combo - which is getting reviewed in issue #3 of BGM).

These are some very well made cabs (and amps), and I think that they sound very good.

Tom.

14. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    Looks good. Use and let us know. Gotta love the 45 day trial deal.

15. tom's advice and opinion are grail on the boards. listen to him, he knows way too much about bass stuff.

16. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    A good tone is one you can hear without too many complaints about being too loud, IMO. I have an old Fender BXR 410 that I hated with the stock speakers. I haven't really played it much since I put in the new speakers.

Your cabs look like Fender got more serious about cabs since then. And I've played a lot of Fender bass amps that have liked, so my crappy BXR 410 might just be a fluke.

Anyway, you've got a lot of power there. IME probably more than you'll need and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you don't abuse it too much. IME, the tone that sounds great solo is going to be hard to hear in an ensemble without getting volume complaints. My solution is to back off the volume and the big lows and boost the mids. Slotting in the mix isn't just for guitarists and keyboard players.

Use your sound man ears and be prepared to work more in the frequency domain than the amplitude domain.

Best of luck - they look like they could be very nice cabinets to me.

KO

17. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Im a tonalholic, and I've played these series of cabs quite often in store (mostly because I love the 300pro, and they're usually hooked up to a 2x15, 6x10 or 8x10 from this series), and I am quite impressed. Wasn't sure about fender amplification for bass, but they sure as hell know their stuff.

parker 71 likes this.
  18. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    I don't think I said "ALL". The fact that they're hardly ever mentioned here says a lot. I happen to love Fender amps and cabs myself.

19. Despite all the negative "press" the Fender bass cabs get here on TB. I found the 2x10" I had once to be a great cab!!! & I've heard they've only gotten BETTER!!
    I think the SLANT front on one of the 4x10" to be a great idea - if U R only using ONE cab - on a small stage, where U have to be standing up close to yr rig...for instance- it'd throw some of the sound up at yr ears rather than it all going past yr knees /thighs-depending on how 'vertically challenged' U may be :)

Good going IMO. congrats!

20. Hey Marko. I bought that same stack about six weeks ago or so for 499 a cab and I thought it was a great deal, then I saw they dropped another 100! You made a hell of a deal. I choose those cabs because of the lower wattage handling and the speakers are a little less efficient than some others. I think that gives those cabs a little more old school tone. I love mine as does the rest of the band. I used an Eden 212 and a Schroeder 21012R previously (not together!) and my guys say this is the best tone I've ever had. I have to agree. Nice and articulate with big low end if you want. I'm putting 300 watts in to the slant with my Eden 550 and it kills. That slant cab is the bomb for hearing yourself. I have found using both cabs is a little overkill for most situations but with outdoor shows coming up I'm ready to rock. The build quality is on a par with both the Eden and Schroeder near as I can tell. AND they don't weigh a ton as 410's go. I would not hesitate to buy another Fender Pro cab.