1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Prophecy Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheRagingSwede, Apr 7, 2005.

1. I have a Fender Prophecy Phase II, and i love it ever so much. They made them in Japan up til around '94. P/J configuration, ash body, active electronics, and amazing tone.

I would love to hear if anyone else has one of these things and to hear if they think the same. Also, anyone got some pics? -- I've looked all through the show your basses thread and not a sign!

2. bump

3. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I have a Prophecy III. Its a neck thru. Mahogany back, maple neck not sure what the top is though, some kind of reddish color wood.
    I had it converted to a fretless after I wore the frets on it. I bought it new Feb 1995. It plays awesome. The neck is very thin, almost like a Geddy. When I brought it to a luthier to get converted he was very impressed with the build quality.
    I'll post some pics soon!

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I remember being in a music store about ten years ago and seeing a Fender bass with a 2x2 tunner configuration. It struck me as odd since every Fender bass I can think of has straight tuners on the top. I think that it might have been a Prophecy that I saw. It sure is a nice looking bass. I'm also interested in Fenders that steer away from their traditional P and J designs.