Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Prophecy Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheRagingSwede, Apr 7, 2005.

1. I have a Fender Prophecy Phase II, and i love it ever so much. They made them in Japan up til around '94. P/J configuration, ash body, active electronics, and amazing tone.

I would love to hear if anyone else has one of these things and to hear if they think the same. Also, anyone got some pics? -- I've looked all through the show your basses thread and not a sign!

2. bump

3. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I have a Prophecy III. Its a neck thru. Mahogany back, maple neck not sure what the top is though, some kind of reddish color wood.
    I had it converted to a fretless after I wore the frets on it. I bought it new Feb 1995. It plays awesome. The neck is very thin, almost like a Geddy. When I brought it to a luthier to get converted he was very impressed with the build quality.
    I'll post some pics soon!

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I remember being in a music store about ten years ago and seeing a Fender bass with a 2x2 tunner configuration. It struck me as odd since every Fender bass I can think of has straight tuners on the top. I think that it might have been a Prophecy that I saw. It sure is a nice looking bass. I'm also interested in Fenders that steer away from their traditional P and J designs.