Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender prophecy II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T-birdfan, Jul 7, 2001.

1. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I was rooting through ebay, and I came across a fender prophecy II. Can anyone tell me about these basses ( how old, quality, sound,etc.). It looked kind of cool, and since I'm in the market for something new, I like to keep my options open. Any info would be handy. BTW,how many of you have bought gear off of ebay and have you been satisfied?

2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi T-birdfan,
    I've bought both a Stingray bass and Warwick amp through eBay, and both transactions were excellent :). However, if you're going to buy through eBay, make sure the seller has sufficient positive feedback, ask any questions before bidding, and make sure you get their phone# and address so you can track them if something goes wrong. I don't think many people get ripped off when purchasing musical instruments, but you should be carefull. Both times the gear was delivered in the stated condition and I've been very pleased! As for the Fender Prophecy II, i have no idea :p. But I hope the eBay info helps some.

-FSR

3. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, and I almost forgot...
    Welcome to Talkbass!!! And enjoy :D

4. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks Funk. The info was helpful. It seems to me that there are some good deals to be had on ebay.

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hi T-birdfan, and welcome to TB. No info on the Fender, but regarding ebay, I have had no problems. I definitely agree with Funk that you should use caution with any internet transaction. Now a quick question for you. What do you think of the T-bird on ebay right now #1442722512 ? I know it is a bastard, but I play fretless and it looks interesting. Thanks for your insight.
    Doc

6. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I love my thundrebird, but it definately is not for everybody. The growl I get from it is amazing, and it 's not as heavy as it looks, but sometimes I just want to chuck it. It is very hard to get used to how neck heavy it is, and it almost forces you to play it up at your chest to balance it so the neck doesn't hit the ground. If you do play it waist high then you have to hold it by the neck at all times or you will drop it. Thats really my only complaint though.BTW I'm curious about the fretless bass. I've never tried one. What are the advantages/ disadvantages?