Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender prophecy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbassmanplease, Aug 22, 2004.

1. pbassmanplease

pbassmanplease

Jul 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    wat do u guys think of the fender prophecy. it looks nice but how are the internals and everything

2. Troy from Mastodon has a Prophecy III. Or so I have been told.

They look cool.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    The Fender Prophecy is that one day, Leo shall return and take the righteous (all of us bassists) with him to a plane of existance beyond our conception, where P- and Jazz basses shall run forth like water.

4. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I own a Prophecy III and coincidentally, I just picked it up from my local luthier who converted mine into a fretless. Very nice. They did an excellent job
    It is a neck thru hippie sandwich with a jazz style THIN maple neck. Very playable. The body has a mahogany back and I have no idea what wood the top is. It is a reddish wood. The pickups are passive p/j with an active preamp. There are 4 controls, treble, bass, volume and a pan control to blend the pickups. The bass has serious growl.
    If you play too hard the preamp lets you know but I personally dig this 'cause it sounds mean. I have a few complaints though, the fretwork wasn't that great as mine had a dead note at the 14th fret on the A string and some buzzes elsewhere. The original knobs were crap, they fell apart. and the pots become loose now and then. But the neck and the body has held up really well considering how I used to treat this bass(it took a few spills!) I will post some pics soon and maybe someone could help me identify the top wood.

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada
    I have never heard of these. Pics anyone?

peace
    johnny

6. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Prophecy and Prophecy II are bolt on, Prophecy III is neck through. PJ pickups. Active. Thin neck. They look nice and can be had on ebay for less than $400, sometimes less than $300. Many have said one of the best Fender basses made. If I remember correctly, the ones I have seen have has ash bodies, but other woods may have been used as well.

Here's one on eBay if you want to see what they look like.
    Prophecy

7. :D