Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Pure Nickle Rounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Saetia, May 28, 2004.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I belive I've found the strings for me, the Fender pure nickle rounds. I've tried many different brands of strings but I believe these to be for me. They have a nice tension, a bit more then most I've triend, which is nice for dropping my E to D which I have to in the band I'm in right now. They are punchy and have a fat low end. They also have a nice zing in the mid and upper register when I take it up there, chords sound sweet bright but still rolly and smooth without being harsh. I set my EQ flat on my accept for the lows at 1 o'clock and my bass eq set flat. I use a Warwick Corvette standard. They bring the punch and growl out of my bass more so then the others I've tried, at least IMHO. For me they are the Cat's Meow!, plus I get them for $20 a set which for me is a plus over some of the others that cost $35. I've also found them to have a great slap tone and tap tone (I usually don't play slap in my band but when I'm jamming and playing by myself I always practice). Well that's my review.

Peace
    -Ben

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I used to use them, great strings. Then I couldn't find them anymore and tried D'daddario XL's (prefer .100-.45, but I can't find those lately so I have been using .105's) they sound great to me on my Vette Standard, so I haven't tried anything else yet.

I remember them being zingy at first but then mellow and and quasi-thumpy. Response to different techniques was great, unlike the stainless strings that I have tried, where everything bright and clicky (fingerstyle sounded like popped noted to me). That sound maybe enjoyable to others, but not to me.

Hope you continue to enjoy your strings,
    Adam Barkley

3. ay, I'm using them right now. The have a nice powerful bright tone, but remain nice and low and punchy simultaneously. Their sound lasts a good few weeks to, and remain fine after that.

I boiled them about a week and a half ago after having them for 3 months. They sounded uber great for the first week after the boilation, but now they sound funny, as in out of tune no matter how well you tune your bass. Maybe its just me..

4. Dagger

Dagger

Aug 2, 2002
    North Carolina
    I use them also. On the pack mine came in it said "Original" and "7150"'s. Mine have been on for over a year and they still sound great. Other bass players have commented on how good they sound.