Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Questions.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mysticflame, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Mysticflame

Mysticflame

Feb 8, 2005
    I searched the forums, but I couldn't find any help with my question, so here goes.

I was looking around the interweb, like any day, and I was over at the Fender website, checking out some of their stuff. I was looking at their american made ones, and was couldn't help but wonder something about them. How do the american vintage models stack up to the normal americans and the american deluxe? I didn't see too much a difference in pricing, and was wondering what the difference was. Something with the tone, or feel, or is it purely cosmetic? Thanks in advance for help. :help:

2. For the most part, the reissues of their vintage models are based off of the specifications of the their original counterparts, so one should not assume that the neck will have the trimmings of the newer American Standard, such as the graphite reinforcement, tuning keys, and so forth.

The electronics will also reflect the original package, 60 cycle hum and all.

You also mentioned the aesthetic, so... there you have it.